Our mission: empower underprivileged communities with online education.
We believe that empowerment, education and community-based projects have the power to eradicate poverty and transform lives.
- We give an enabling experience to all our members (students, volunteers, staff). Everybody’s experience at Uplifters should be positive and fulfilling.
- We create a global movement of Uplifters, people willing to uplift others’ lives but also to learn and grow personally.
- We concentrate on the positive and share inspiring stories without denying hardships our students are enduring.
- We promote a can-do attitude.
- We bring people together. We give our members a sense of belonging and our students a family far from home.
- We care. We make people feel that they matter.
- We encourage and highlight our members’ achievements.
Our core principles to solve social issues
- Human-centric design thinking approach: in other words, thinking in the shoes of our students.
- Community led projects: you care more for the things you contribute to.
- Collaborative approach: we don’t want to reinvent the wheel and look for collaborations with different stakeholders (ONGs, governments etc.)
- Data-Driven decisions and evidence-based approach: random decisions produce random results.
- Scalable and sustainable impact. We want to make sure our efforts have the potential to have a significant impact on a maximum number of people.