Welcome! We are a nonprofit organization offering online education to migrant domestic workers.
Our mission: empowering migrant domestic workers through online education.
Despite working abroad far from their families and children, most domestic workers do not lift themselves out of poverty. They face tremendous financial pressure. They need education to prepare for the future and avoid falling into a debt spiral or becoming victim of investment scams.
Employers rely heavily on their domestic worker and may struggle to find one with adequate professional skills. They legitimately want a reliable and stable domestic worker to take care of their household and loved ones.
We make education for migrant domestic workers more accessible. We want help female migrant domestic workers make the most of their time abroad, plan and save for the future while developing their personal and professional skills. We believe in women empowerment to eradicate poverty and in communities supporting themselves.
Our courses are accessible with a simple smartphone. They are created by experts in their fields and we follow the best teaching practices based on cognitive & behavioral psychology and neurosciences.
- We leverage the power of peer support: participants progress as a team and hold each other accountable.They are never left alone.
- We connect daily with participants to keep them actively engaged.
- We create step by step education journeys with tangible milestones and make learning fun.
- We follow the “learning by doing” approach: we push participants to act now because change is not something you can learn but only experiment.
We provide free money management and personal growth courses and are currently creating vocational paid courses.
Our free money management and personal growth courses
- Module 1 – Dare to Dream: 3-week course to prepare for the future, learn money management (budget, save, understand and avoid loans and investment scams), develop a positive mindset and communication skills and build self-confidence.
- Module 2- Make it Happen: for students who have completed “Dare to Dream”- 1 year coaching course to help them reach their financial and personal goals.
- Module 3 – Become a Leader: for students who have completed “Dare to Dream” and are actively engaged in “Make it Happen” – 2-week course to develop leadership skills and become an Uplifters team leader for “Dare to Dream” participants.
Read more about it here.
Share the link to enrol through our Facebook Chatbot: here
“This class has a lot of challenges that we must do. It makes us practice change in daily life. I loved the challenges.” H., Indonesian domestic worker.
“I’ve been working abroad for 7 years and I admit I did not spend my salary wisely. It’s my first time learning how to plan and budget. It changes my life. I am so grateful.” M., Filipina domestic worker.
“I find the class is giving us a positive mindset and determination to achieve our goals.” N., Sri Lankan ex-domestic worker.
“I find that I am smarter and more educated than before.” K., Myanmar domestic worker.
“It made me more inspired, motivated and helped me plan to make my dreams come true.” S., Indonesian domestic worker.
“I have more knowledge. I learned how to make better investments and think about their risks, avoid loans because it brings you too much burden, manage my finances and make a budget and a plan.” W., Filipina domestic worker.
“I am more positive about the future and thanks to the morning ritual I have more energy to move forward.” H., Indonesian domestic worker.
“I learnt how to be happier and appreciate the little joys of life.” J., Filipina domestic worker
“It made me stick to my dream”. I., Filipina domestic worker, Singapore.