Uplifters is a non-for-profit startup providing online education to migrant domestic workers (“domestic helpers”). We want to help them make the most of their time abroad, plan and save for the future while developing their personal and professional skills. We are based in Hong Kong but welcome volunteers from everywhere as most of our work can be done online.
What we do:
- Offer free money management and personal growth courses.
- Develop paid vocational programs (Baby care, elderly care, hygiene and food safety, cooking)
- Create positive dynamic online communities with our social media accounts.
We have a lot of different projects and will make sure to find the one suiting you the most.
We are looking for:
- Anyone willing to facilitate our free online courses – training provided
- Facebook users to help us create content and manage our pages and groups
- Fluent English speakers to help us edit and proofread our content
- Fluent English speakers willing to help write our newsletter and interview students
- Video makers
- Marketing and communications experts to help us draft and implement successful fundraising campaigns.
- Health and Children experts (doctors / nurses / therapists / child educators…) happy to share their knowledge and contribute to classes’ creation.
- People with experience in accounting, micro-entrepreneurship, investments in developing countries who could help create and facilitate classes on theses subjects.
- Legal advice in Hong Kong and Singapore (copyrights, contracts, licenses…)
- Web-developers who can help optimize our websites (WordPress) and advice on chat bots.
- Web-designers to help us design our communication materials
- Other: don’t hesitate to share your ideas with us and your other skills that you think may be useful to us.
If you are interested, please contact us. Many thanks in advance for your precious help.