Online programme for domestic workers
Why does this programme exist?
Our Peer Leadership programme consists in:
- ‘Become a Leader’ online course: a 2-week ‘Train the Trainers’ online course accessible to alumni of Uplifters programme ‘Prepare for the Future’.
- A 2-month traineeship: participants who completed ‘Become a Leader’ are invited to co-facilitate ‘Prepare for the Future’ sessions with a more experienced Team Leader.
- For the most experienced ones: opportunity to apply to become an Uplifters Mentor. Mentors train and supervise our Team Leaders.
- Yearly webinar at Uplifters to further their training. Mentors also benefit from a Mental Health First Aid course through an accredited organisation.
- Ongoing additional ad-hoc training opportunities with partners, invitation to ‘fun’ events and rewards for all active Team Leaders and Mentors. Our Team Leaders and Mentors also receive a weekly newsletter on what’s happening at Uplifters and are invited to a yearly Appreciation Ceremony where their contribution is acknowledged.
of our Team Leaders feel they have benefited personally A LOT from the programme (2021, annual survey)
WHAT THEy SAY ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
“I became a Team Leader to inspire fellow domestic workers. I see myself when they share their hopes and struggles. I encourage them to believe that when you truly want something and go after it, without limiting yourself with disbelief, the universe will make it happen. I feel very grateful and blessed to be part of Uplifters’ community because I also found my purpose in life. If I can change myself, I can help other people too.”
Aljen D. - Filipina - working as a domestic worker in Hong Kong
“As one of Uplifters’ team leaders, I am grateful for the opportunity to support my fellow domestic workers, some of whom have become my close friends. I am happy to be part of a community that empowers each other.”