We create better lives with online education. Our non-profit organisation helps migrant domestic workers and underprivileged communities break the cycle of poverty and build the lives they want for themselves, their families and their countries.
We are on a mission to break the cycle of poverty, empower underprivileged communities with online education and peer support and make societies more inclusive.
We are very concerned by migrant domestic workers. Despite working years abroad most migrant domestic workers don’t lift themselves out of poverty. Our ambition is to provide a solution at scale to this regional economic and social issue.
We help migrant domestic workers build better lives for themselves and make their sacrifices working abroad far from home worth it. We do so by improving their life skills and their vocational skills. We also want to support local employers build healthy win-win work relationships with their domestic workers.
Our courses are created by experts and follow the best online teaching practices. They are accessible to anyone with a simple smartphone.
Uplifters’ money management and personal growth programme (free)
- Module 1 – Dare to Dream: A 3-week course where students learn how to prepare for the future, manage their money (budget, save, recognise and avoid loans and investment scams), develop a positive mindset, improve their communication skills and build self-confidence.
- Module 2 – Make it Happen: A 6-month coaching course designed to support students in reaching their financial and personal goals. (Open to those who have completed “Dare to Dream”.)
- Module 3 – Become a Leader: A 2-week course to develop leadership skills and become an Uplifters team leader for “Dare to Dream” participants. (Open to those who have completed “Dare to Dream” and are actively engaged in “Make it Happen”.)
Read more about our free life skills courses.
How to join:
- Future students: simply send a private message to our Facebook Page.
- Employers of domestic workers: you can recommend that your domestic worker joins our Facebook Group Uplift Your Life, where she will get more information about our courses and additional advice on making the most of her time abroad.
Uplifters was started in October 2017 and officially launched in March 2018.
The programme has been fully operational since August 2018, and we are now starting new sessions at the beginning of every month. As of 1st May 2018, more than 500 people have benefited from our free money management and personal growth programme.
- Excellent word-of-mouth referrals, with a 100% satisfaction and recommendation rate
- 100% students gained confidence in managing their money and saying to money requests
- 100% students feel they acquired tools to live a happier life
“This class has a lot of challenges that we must do. It makes us practice change in daily life. I loved the challenges.” H., Indonesian
“I’ve been working abroad for 7 years and I admit I did not spend my salary wisely. It’s my first time learning how to plan and budget. It changes my life. I am so grateful.” M., Filipina
“I find the class is giving us a positive mindset and determination to achieve our goals.” N., Sri Lankan
“I find that I am smarter and more educated than before.” K., Myanmar
“It made me more inspired, motivated and helped me plan to make my dreams come true.” S., Indonesiam
“I have more knowledge. I learned how to make better investments and think about their risks, avoid loans because it brings you too much burden, manage my finances and make a budget and a plan.” W., Filipina
“I am more positive about the future and thanks to the morning ritual I have more energy to move forward.” H., Indonesian
“I learnt how to be happier and appreciate the little joys of life.” J., Filipina
“It made me stick to my dream”. I., Filipina