Marie Kretz Di Meglio. Founder & Director. Education: MSc in Management and a BSc in Psychology. Extensive experience in education including 5 years running an online learning centre. She has been working at Aidha in Singapore, a NGO providing financial education to domestic workers. Uplifters is based on her knowledge of domestic workers’ issues and best techniques to teach online. She created Uplifters to make domestic workers sacrifices worth it. She believes in women empowerment to eradicate poverty and community-based projects.
Marion Déchy. Development and Communications Officer. Before joining Uplifters, Marion worked for 4 years at Maid For You, an ethical domestic worker agency in Hong Kong. She is familiar with issues faced by both migrant domestic workers and their employers. She joined Uplifters because she wanted to contribute to helping domestic workers build better lives for themselves and their families.
Dr Blandine Prévost Le Louër. Volunteer. Blandine is a French Pediatrician and the program manager of Uplifters’ Health and Child Care classes.
We are so grateful for the support of our amazing volunteers (current and past!).
in Hong Kong
- Student support Hélène Ricordeau
- Content creation or advice Alessio Meccheri (expert in financial planning), Valérie Hotton (certified coach)
- Digital communication & social media Chloé Bothorel, Audrey Detroye
- Copywriting Melanie Patching
- Content Editing Rachel Voce, Hannah Weldon
- Legal advice Antonio Ho, Padraig Walsh
- Student Support and Content Editing Ranita Gupta
- Social media Marine Esteban and Ashima Singh
- Newsletter Elena Wolf
+ More than 20 wonderful alumni students in Hong Kong and Singapore volunteering as team leaders to empower fellow domestic workers.
You are passionate about education and women empowerment? We are currently on-boarding volunteers. And as most of our work can be done online, don’t hesitate to contact us if you wish to contribute wherever you live. More about volunteering opportunities here.