Our FIRST RESULTS
Uplifters was started in October 2017 and officially launched in March 2018. As of 1st October 2018, more than 120 domestic workers benefited from our free money management and personal growth program. The program is fully operational since August 2018 and we now start new sessions at the beginning of each month (60 to 100 students per session). So far, our results are very satisfactory:
- More than 80% completion ratio (compared with 3 to 5% on average for online courses on platforms like Coursera and Edx)
- Excellent word of mouth with 100% satisfaction and recommendation rate
- 100% students gained confidence in managing their money and saying to money requests
- 100% students feel they acquired tools to live a happier life
- More than 20 alumni students trained as volunteer team leaders to facilitate our free life skills courses’ class chats.
“This class has a lot of challenges that we must do. It makes us practice change in daily life. I loved the challenges.” H., Indonesian domestic worker.
“I’ve been working abroad for 7 years and I admit I did not spend my salary wisely. It’s my first time learning how to plan and budget. It changes my life. I am so grateful.” M., Filipina domestic worker.
“I find the class is giving us a positive mindset and determination to achieve our goals.” N., Sri Lankan ex-domestic worker.
“I find that I am smarter and more educated than before.” K., Myanmar domestic worker.
“It made me more inspired, motivated and helped me plan to make my dreams come true.” S., Indonesian domestic worker.
“I have more knowledge. I learned how to make better investments and think about their risks, avoid loans because it brings you too much burden, manage my finances and make a budget and a plan.” W., Filipina domestic worker.
“I am more positive about the future and thanks to the morning ritual I have more energy to move forward.” H., Indonesian domestic worker.
“I learnt how to be happier and appreciate the little joys of life.” J., Filipina domestic worker
“It made me stick to my dream”. I., Filipina domestic worker, Singapore.